Alexandra “Alex” Ginsburg is a Charleston native. After high school, she graduated magna cum laude from Sewanee: The University of the South with a degree in Psychology, where she played basketball and softball. Following her graduation, Alex went to law school at the University of Tennessee College of Law. She received a CALI award for Excellence in Trial Practice, Prosecution Externship, Law & Psychiatry, Images of the Law, and Interviewing & Counseling. After graduating with a Juris Doctorate, Alex began her legal career at the Ninth Circuit Solicitors Office handling a variety of criminal cases.
As an Assistant Solicitor, Alex gained vast experienced in interviewing witnesses, assessing case files, preparing for and attending hearings, plea negotiations and trials. During her career, she tried numerous jury cases to verdict and proudly served the Charleston community.
After her time at the Solicitors Office, Alex gained defense experience, litigating professional liability matters at well-known Charleston firm. She represented medical providers, giving her a breadth of knowledge with regard to medical issues. This served Alex well as she moved her concentration to workers’ compensation matters when she went to work with an insurance defense firm.
Alex comes to Miller, Dawson, Sigal & Ward with a unique skill set to effectively analyze and manage her personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. As an experienced litigator and advocate, she takes pride in dedicated representation and aims to exceed client expectations in every matter.
When she is not in the office, Alex enjoys spending time with her family and many pets, coaching basketball, and cheering on her kids in their many sports endeavors.
- South Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, AWARDS AND INCLUSIONS
- Charleston Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association, Member
- The National LGBTQ+ Bar Association
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, Member
- SC Young Lawyers Division
- Kids’ Chance of South Carolina – Committee Member for the Annual Kids’ Chance Golf Tournament
- Orange Grove Charter School Basketball (2022-2023)
- Charleston Animal Society, Pets for Life, Volunteer (2016 – 2022)
- College of Charleston, Criminal Justice Adjunct Professor (2017 – 2019)
- Mitchell Elementary, Lunch Buddy Mentorship Program (2016 – 2017)
- Pinewood Preparatory School, Baccalaureate Speaker (2016)